Mowery Scandinavian Concepts
If you’re looking for Idaho’s finest quality log home construction, log cabins, log structure historical preservation, or residential home improvement and restoration, Mowery Scandinavian Concepts is the answer. Founded and led by Shane Mowery, Master Builder, the Mowery Concepts team will bring your vision to life.
About Shane Mowery
Shane Mowery is the founder and lead designer who owns Mowery Scandinavian Concepts. He takes great pride in his ability to deliver outstanding quality log home construction and professional service to his customers.
Shane is a Master Builder from the London Institute of Carpentry (IOC) and has an AAS in Structural Engineering. With more than 20 years of experience, he has practically perfected his talent, using his skills to design, build, and deliver beautiful log cabins and homes that will last lifetimes.
Shane Mowery has a superior talent and creative passion for carpentry that is evident in each of his projects, and he is driven to build you and your family the log home of your dreams. Along with custom built log homes and cabins, Shane specializes in historic restorations. He possesses the traditional and native techniques of carpentry that are required to accurately restore any historical piece.
Shane prides himself on his education, and he has honed the necessary skills to tackle your home project from start to finish without the use of external contractors. Mowery is proficient in the design and construction of log homes and cabins, timber framing, customized residential home development (including log smithing, carpentry, masonry, electrical, plumbing, stone, tile, and granite), and a variety of other skills necessary to construct a stunning log home.
Shane Mowery’s college and military background have been influential as he pursues perfection through personal improvement of education, dedication, professionalism, knowledge, loyalty, and hard work.
- Ability to learn new procedures & material quickly
- Superior memory with great attention to detail
- Highly professional; works well under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead and supervise crews
Master Builder December 2000
- London Institute of Carpentry – England
- PTN Member
- Student Achievement Honors
Associate of Arts and Science – Structural Engineering May 2002
- Lord Fairfax Community College – Winchester, VA
- Dean’s List GPA 3.41
United States Marine Corps June 1994
- MOS: Artillery Engineer – Camp Lejeune, NC
- Lead Carpenter for Mowery Contracting
- Design & Build Scandinavian & Timber-Frame Homes
- Expertise in Historical restorations
- Specializing in Traditionally Finished Carpentry
- Knowledge of IRC, IBC, ICC, BOCA codes
Idaho Home Builders Association (NAHB)
- Chapter: Potomac Highland’s President 2005-2006
Idaho NAHB – Builder of the Year 2005
- Awarded for Best Design and Built Homes
Idaho NAHB – Presidential Award 2005
- Awarded for Outstanding Presidential Achievement
Mowery is a licensed GREEN BUILDER.